- Currently passing through parliament.
- Intended to come in to force 1st Oct 2015.
Original Author: BIS
Original Link: http://discuss.bis.gov.uk/consumerrightsbill/
The Consumer Rights Bill, which is currently making its passage through Parliament, will bring together, improve and update consumer law. It sets out a simple, modern framework of consumer rights.
Core Consumer Rights will be:
- Right to get what you pay for
- Right that goods and digital content are fit for purpose and services are provided with reasonable care and skill
- Right to have faults in what you buy put right free of charge, or to be provided with a refund or replacement
We intend the Consumer Rights Bill to come into force on 1 October 2015, although this is of course subject to the will of Parliament. See also: A summary of plans to implement the measures in the Bill.